Sometimes, it can all get a bit much. In this ever growing, fast paced world I often feel like I am being left behind with no time to catch up. Before I know it, I have the weight of the world on my shoulders and a headache that no amount of paracetamol is going to cure. I am forever seeing posts telling us what we should do when we are feeling sad, on our period etc and they are in my opinion, most of the time a bit barmy. One of them advised me to go on a hike whilst on my period. Nope. No thanks. Never gonna happen.
I thought I would list a few things that I genuinely do that help me calm down, or cheer me up a little. When nothing else is working and I need some ‘down time’. I don’t go and light 33943 candles every time. I don’t practice yoga or make lists of things I am grateful for. Don’t get me wrong, I am sure all of that works for somebody. I like to keep things simple.
- Switch off your phone. Go and grab everything else you need and place it nearby. My essentials usually consist of a brew, a blanket, biscuits and the TV remote.
- Get some fresh air. Whether it is sitting on the back step for five minutes or going to sleep with the window open, I find fresh air does me the world of good.
- Listen to a few of your most favourite songs on loud. Sing until your heart is content! Or your voice goes…
- Call that person you can talk to for hours about nothing and laugh with.
- Go to bed with a notebook and pen on your bedside table. I always find my mind works over time when I am trying to tell it to switch off. I write anything down in this little book that creeps into my thoughts.
And slowly but surely, you should start to feel as though its easier to breathe and life is a little more manageable. If all else fails, reach for the vino and do some online shopping!
Happy Sunday! What TV series are you currently binging? Tommy & I are in need of suggestions.